March 22, 2009

Canon vs Nikon

In my case, the question was formulated exactly as:

Canon

or

Nikon

?

I started enthusiastically clicking with point-and-shoot

Olympus Ultrazoom 765

. I cannot say anything good of it, except that it was digital. Autofocus worked very incorret, and it was driving me mad. I thought about buying

a prosumer

, in particular,

Canon Powershot

, but after examining the price I realized that

entry-level digital SLR camera

would be much better then.

Pentax

seemed exotic to me. I looked at the

Olympus E300 double kit

, but "

Olympus

" and "

noise matrix

" has become synonymous for me, and the option was no longer needed. All that remained were

Canon

or

Nikon

. Holy war among fans of these brands does not stop ever, and there is a lot of information, and both dignities and disadvantages are bulged.

Canon

has

L-series lenses

of high-quality, but of too large price. They say only the red ring around the lens (a distinctive feature of

L class

) cheat firm price for $200. I do not know whether it's truth or not, but the lenses are really professional. Nice picture plastic is among the

Canon

advantages also. That's a fact:)

Nikon

is famous as reportage equipment with prehensile, grasping, and fast autofocus. They advise

Nikon

to those who are not yet ready to invest in the lens park while entry level lens of this system is better than main competitor's analogue.

Get tired of comparing the advantages and disadvantages (they are roughly equal), I just went to the store and holded the bodies of both systems in my hands. Greatly praised

Nikon ergonomics

earned flattering reviews not in vain: camera lied in my hand like a glove. The choice became obvious to me.