March 22, 2009

Entry-level Digital SLR (DSLR) Camera Choice: Nikon D40, Nikon D50 (D60)

Many people believe that when choosing an

entry-level single-lens reflex (SLR) camera

one should take what he likes more, say, the main thing is the pleasure of shooting. Controversial advice, but I followed him, get tired of absorbing and processing information.

I did not compare matrix

CMOS

and

CCD

, I knew nothing about

crop-factor

, I just seriously sick of my point-and-shoot and I had agreed to buy technics on the growth, such a visual aid for learning. The choice was simple:

Nikon D40

or

Nikon D50

(then

Nikon D60

still was not appeared).

Nikon D50

was a little too expensive, and with my budget I could only buy it as second hand. That confused me greatly, because I could not even check on the camera performance. Plus, purely visual, I did not like the design. And the screen of

nikon D40

was larger that was important for me after using

Olympus

.

So simple determined, I became the owner of the budget

slr Nikon D40 18-55 kit

, without any kinds of VR. Three focus points, nikon's "distinct jpg",

NEF format

(

RAW

), lack of a screwdriver and an additional screen, a small number of function keys. And what inspiring me was high

working iso

! Made not the best choice, I still used and loved

D40

, a little reliable workhorse. And if you do not want to grow as an amateur photographer, and to inquire into technical details but just to photograph - I entirely advise taking

Nikon D40

instead instead

prosumer

. Or

Nikon D60

, which is the same as the

D40

, plus a couple of features. Do not pay attention to cutting features. You can take even second-hand, you only have to ask the seller about the

camera shutter clicking

quantity, i.e.

camera mileage

. Have in mind that the

shutter resource

of this camera class is of approximately 50 thousand clicks.